Film and Theater Industry
Redhouse Arts Center is approved as a QPF (Qualified Film Production Facility) for purposes of the NY State Film Production Tax Credit. “Qualified film production facilities” are facilities in the State of New York in which television shows and films are or are intended to be regularly produced, and which contain at least one sound stage of at least 7,000 SF of contiguous production space. In conjunction with the Visit Syracuse Film Office, Redhouse Arts Center makes itself available for filming. If you are interested in utilizing Redhouse as a film location site, please email our rental staff at email@example.com
In addition, Redhouse also provides the perfect space for theatre producers, playwrights and musical creators to support each stage of production. Redhouse has the facilities, technical equipment, support and staff to bring new works and productions to life from the very beginning of production through rehearsals to staged performances with live audiences.
Redhouse Arts Center is a state-of-the-art, 40,000-square-foot venue that offers multiple theater spaces as well as expansive support spaces. Redhouse is designed to be flexible and offers wheelchair access throughout.
The facility is located at 400 S. Salina Street with an attached parking garage and street-level loading dock with lift, both entrances are on the S. Clinton Street side of the building. Just a few great things about our facility …
- We are NOT a Union House
- Fully Flexible SPACES throughout the facility
- On-site available attached parking garage
- Cameras, switches and state-of-the-art technology throughout the facility
- Scene shop, costume shop, props, full lighting grids and elevated tech booths
Additional Redhouse Features
- Three flexible theater spaces ranging in size from more than 8,000 square feet to approximately 2,000 square feet. These spaces are completely versatile and have fixed lighting grids and sound systems.
- Dedicated rehearsal rooms with Rosco dance floors and mirrors.
- Costume shop is an oversized space with washers and dryers, a dying sink and a changing room along with the standard sewing and wardrobe amenities.
- Extra-large scene shop is fully equipped and can support simultaneous builds/projects.
- Six dressing rooms range from equity to ensemble and feature 35 makeup stations and can accommodate up to 50 performers.
- Meeting spaces offer privacy for group meetings or individual workspaces.
- Conference room/private workspace.
- Stock props/prop house.
- Tables, chairs and trash cans.
- Gathering spaces include expanded lobby and green room.
- Technology: Wi-Fi is accessible throughout with full lighting and sound packages and real-time audio and video feeds from the theaters to the support spaces (dressing rooms, costume and scene shops, etc.).
- CAT 6, XLR, Coax and DMX512 home runs from main stage spaces to the A/V patch room.
- Stage decks with adjustable heights.
Redhouse Goes Above and Beyond
Redhouse maintains a clean facility with the highest standards for daily cleaning and sanitization procedures. We are located within immediate walking distance to dozens of restaurants, hotels, coffee shops and stores to enhance the experience of our guests.
Our staff are among the top professionals in the industry and provide the highest possible customer service. They are available to work directly alongside external groups or available as needed for questions, and support with technology and infrastructure.