Timeline of the Redhouse Arts Center
September 18, 1978
Originally incorporated as the Contemporary Theatre of Syracuse.
- The Contemporary Theatre of Syracuse went defunct for a period of time until a group of local people reignited interest in it to ensure there was live theater in our community.
January 17, 2006
The theater was re-founded and the name was officially changed to Redhouse Arts Center.
- Moved into new space at 201 S. West St., Syracuse, New York.
- The final production in this space was I Do, I Do.
The first year of educational programming, known as RedEd.
We officially purchased what would become Redhouse at City Center: 400 S. Salina St, Syracuse, New York, the old Sibley’s building
March 9, 2018
Officially moved to 400 S. Salina St.
- The first production in this space was On Golden Pond
June 1, 2018
- Our first full season in Redhouse at City Center was 2018/2019.
2023 is our fifth year of Redhouse at City Center
- The 2023/2024 season will be our 20th season since becoming Redhouse Arts Center.