Redhouse encourages all that are interested to audition regardless of race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
In Partnership with Arc of Onondaga
Winnie Foster: to play 11. A child. skeptical. But with an unknown longing for romance and adventure. Must sing very well and have comic timing.
Jesse Tuck: to play 17. Light and laughing, eternal youth writ large. Pop tenor. Must sing very well.
Miles Tuck: 20s. Burned and bitter. Bari-tenor. Must sing well.
Mae Tuck: 40s. Homespun wisdom is leavened with humor .
Angus Tuck: 40’s. Once awakened is vibrant and virile.
Man in the Yellow Suit: 60’s. Creepy and persuasive, with an obsession, a secret. Must sing.
Hugo: to play 17. Painfully shy, awkward and goofy; but smart and eerily observant.
Constable Joe: 60’s. Seemingly a buffoon, with sharp wit and a kind heart.
Mother: 30’s. Gentle and almost broken by grief and fear and loss.
Nana: 60. Loopy but loving. Must sing.
Levi’s Relic (working title)
Levi: A fun-loving fairy who is meticulous in everything they do. They value strength and power so they can protect what they love.
Nova & Ramsey (Puppetry)
- Nova: This firecracker Blue Phoenix has a codependent nature and an unwavering trust in her family. She is also the self-proclaimed Ramsey-wrangler, she does her best to keep Ramsey out of trouble, but rarely succeeds. Despite that she has the determination to keep trying, this gives her a sense of usefulness.
- Ramsey: This mischievous Red Phoenix uses his happy and playful facade to cover up the fact that deep down he views himself as a burden. Unwilling to take a good look at himself, he causes the group a series of problems. Meanwhile encouraging his family to grow from the conflict he causes.
Crystal & Marcelino (Puppetry: Tortoise with two heads, parts played simultaneously)
- Crystal: The brave and athletic half of the two headed tortoise yet has no sense of direction and lack of know how. Overflowing with love she tries to coddle her family members every moment she gets.
- Marcelino: A hypochondriac, a person who is abnormally anxious about their health. He also has Tachophobia which is the irrational fear of speed. Even walking too fast can cause him to retreat into his shell.
Ms. Komodo, Mega Mainian & Larry the Llama (Puppetry)
- Ms. Komodo (Dragon): The Librarian who knows a little about a lot. She knows exactly where to start but never how to finish.
- Mega Mainian (Tazmanian Devil): A gluttonous predator who angers easily.
- Larry the Lama: A feisty overworked customer service rep of magical items.
*Also casting Swing Actors